A fabulous apple treat with walnuts and raisins for any SCD diet. High fiber also.
Raisin and Walnut Stuffed Baked Apples
Servings: 4 servings
Calories: 344kcalPrint Recipe
- 4 apples medium, well balanced
- 1/2 c raisins
- 2 tbsp honey raw, uncooked or processed
- 1/4 c walnuts finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 c apple cider unfiltered with no extra sugar or preservatives
- 4 tbsp butter in 4 pats
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Core each apple, but do not puncture the bottom of the apple.
- Peel a small strip from the top of each apple and create a slight concave shape to the opening.
- Combine raisins, pecans, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and 1/4 cup of the apple juice.
- Fill each apple with the filling, pressing firmly in place and put in baking dish.
- Pour the remaining apple juice on to each filling and into the dish surrounding the apples.
- Add 1 butter pat firmly on top of each apple filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until the apples are soft. Likely the skin will be splitting.
- Baste with the juices every 10 minutes.
URL to article: https://againstallgrain.com/2011/04/25/cinnamon-baked-stuffed-apples/
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 110mg | Potassium: 406mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 455IU | Vitamin C: 9.7mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 0.9mg