“An easy and delicious soup with a slight smoky flavor. This soup calls for only four ingredients and can be easily made vegan. SCD legal and paleo. Gluten free, grain free and dairy free.” Jennifer
Roasted Red Pepper and Cauliflower Soup
- 4 red bell peppers
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 2 c chicken stock
- 1 tbsp avocado oil to drizzle on vegetables
- 1 dash salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut and seed red bell peppers into fourths.
- Cut florets off the head of cauliflower.
- Place veggies on parchment lined baking sheets, making sure they're not crowded.
- Drizzle with avocado oil and use hands to toss veggies, ensuring all are covered in oil.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove baking sheets from oven and allow peppers to cool.
- Place the peppers, cauliflower and two cups of chicken stock in a blender. If you wish, reserve a few cauliflower florets to use as a garnish.
- Blend until smooth.
- Continue to add stock until your desired consistency is reached. (I prefer my soup on the thicker side.)
- Serve warm and garnish with reserved cauliflower florets.