This SCD sandwich bread recipe is undergoing updates, use at your peril :>))
Sandwich Bread (SCD)
Servings: 12 slices
SCD Sandwich BreadPrint Recipe
- 34 tbsp blanched almond flour 2 c+ 2 Tablespoons
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 eggs large
- 1/4 c avocado oil or sub grapeseed oil or organic canola oil
- 3/4 c water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar with mother
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease an 8.5" loaf pan or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, and salt and set aside.
- Blend the egg yolks, oil, water, vinegar, and baking soda in a stand mixer until combined and the mixture is frothy
- Add the dry ingredients all at once and stir rapidly until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until it passes the toothpick test.
- Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before placing on a wire rack to cool.
Inspired by a recipe from A Clean Bake
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 239mg | Potassium: 25mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1.2mg