This SauerBerri Chili is a definite winner! The exquisite, fine taste won competitions and prizes. Try it and you will be hooked.chili is a definite winner! The exquisite, fine taste won competitions and prizes. Try it and you will be hooked. For IBD be cautious and check ingredients to be certain each works for your diet.
SourBerri Meatballs - Meat Ball Serving size 45 g
- 1.5 lbs Turkey ground
- .5 lbs pork loin trimmed and ground
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs gluten-free
- 1 egg
- 8 oz sour cream light
- 6 plum tomato
- 1 Vidalia onion chopped or 2 medium sweet onions. FOR IBD LowFODMAP use 1 cup of tops of green onions
- 4 pepper jalapeno chopped IBD BEWARE! Optional
- 1 tbsp Basil or spices of your choice Crushed Red Chili Pepper Flakes not advised for IBD diet
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup Stevia in the Raw or Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar with mother
- 16 oz whole berry cranberry sauce unprocessed or use fresh whole cranberries
- 16 oz sauerkraut without additives and unfermented
- Combine all items in bowl, mixing very well. Cover.
- Refrigerate over night or 1-8 hours to blend the flavors. Time is up to the chef.
- Form into 16 balls.
- Place in medium sauce pan and brown over medium heat stirring to brown all evenly.
- Add to Sauce one hour prior to serving and simmer for one hour.
- Place all ingredients in sauce pan, cover and simmer for 4-8 hours until the consistency is to the Chef's liking.
- Add SauerBerri Sauce to crock-pot along with Sauerkraut and Fruit Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce.
- Cook on High for 1 hour.
- Add meatballs, reduce heat to medium and cook for 1 hour.
- At this point you could serve, but a few more hours on low will only make it better.