This is the most delicious apple pie. And one of those recipes that makes you feel you are not missing out on anything! It is also so easy to prepare. It’s as easy as pie!!!!
Scrumptious Apple Pie (SCD)
Servings: 8 servings
This is the most delicious apple pie." And one of those recipes that makes you feel you are not missing out on anything! It is also so easy to prepare. It's as easy as pie!!!! - adapted from "Honey Pie c. 2012Print Recipe
- 4 apple Red Delicious Apples Peeled and thinly sliced
- 70 g liquid egg beaten
- 250 g butter melted
- 1 1/4 tbsp cinnamon heaping
- 1 1/4 tsp honey raw, uncooked
- 1 1/4 tsp Vanilla SCD Legal, i.e. pure
- 2 pie crust I use Almond Pie Crust
- Peel and slice apples 1/4 inch thick.
- Place apples in a large bowl and add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Transfer to medium pot and cook slowly over medium heat until apples are SCD soft.
Set aside and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Use unbaked Almond Pie Crust pressed into pie plate.
- Add cooled apple mixture to pie crust.
- Roll out second pie crust. Create a lattice to cover pie filling.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and crust is turning brown..You may need a crust cover, e.g., tinfoil, at about the 25 minute mark to avoid burning the crust.
- Serve cool with coconut milk whipped topping.
Adapted from Grandma's Apple Pie ... SCD Style!! - June 23, 2012
Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 143mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 535IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.2mg