These are really nice shortbread cookies.
Shortbread Cookies (SCD)
These are a tender, slightly sweet, and buttery cookie. They could quickly become a family-favorite.￼Print Recipe
- 2 cup almond flour fine, blanched
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 3 tbsp honey raw
- 2 pinch sea salt omit if using salted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla *optional:1/2 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
- 50 g pecan or walnuts chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 330 F.
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl until a batter forms
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Use a 2 tbsp scoop or ice cream scoop to put dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet or parchment paper.
- Flatten dough using a fork with crisscross design :>).
- Bake for 21 minutes until lightly browned. Cookies will still be soft, but will firm up on cooling.
Note: For thicker cookies, I recommend chilling the batter in the fridge for 30 minutes before scooping and baking.
Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 17mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1mg