These are really nice shortbread cookies.
Shortbread Cookies (SCD)
These are a tender, slightly sweet, and buttery cookie. They are a family-favorite.￼ Easiest recipe I've ever used!Print Recipe
- 2.5 cup almond flour fine, blanched
- 8 tbsp butter softened, unsalted
- 80 g honey raw
- 2 pinch sea salt omit if using salted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla *optional:1/2 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
- 65 g pecan or walnuts chopped, optional
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon fresh ground, no additives!
- 1/4 c walnut or pecan half
- Preheat oven to 330 F.
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl until a batter forms
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Use a 2 tbsp scoop or ice cream scoop to put dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet or parchment paper.
- Place nut half on middle and press down gently.
- Bake for 17-25 minutes until lightly browned. Cookies will still be soft, but will firm up on cooling. Bake less minutes if you omitted the fridge part.
Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 56mg | Potassium: 27mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 177IU | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1mg