These are as low carb as I can make them.
Shortbread Cookies w/ Erythritol w Walnuts
These are a tender, slightly sweet, and buttery cookie. They are a family-favorite.￼ Easiest recipe I've ever used! See special note in nutrition.Print Recipe
- 2.5 cup almond flour fine, blanched
- 8 tbsp butter softened, unsalted
- 4 tbsp erythritol Lakanto
- 2 pinch sea salt omit if using salted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla *optional:1/2 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon fresh ground, no additives!
- 65 g Walnut or walnuts chopped, Optional
- 1/4 c walnut or pecan half
- Preheat oven to 330 F.
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl until a batter forms
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Use a 2 tbsp scoop or ice cream scoop to put dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet or parchment paper.
- Place nut half on middle and press down gently.
- Bake for 17-25 minutes until lightly browned. Cookies will still be soft, but will firm up on cooling. Bake less minutes if you omitted the fridge part.
This version nutrition is without the ground walnuts.
Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 55mg | Potassium: 28mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 176IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg