Verde Shrimp Chill.
Shrimp and Bean Chili
Servings: 4 servings
This speedy chili makes dinner a breeze.Print Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion medium chopped
- 1 tbsp jalapeño pepper small seeded and chopped or Green Chiles
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes 28 oz
- 15.5 oz pinto beans Goya Prime, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp Better Than Bouillon® Roasted Garlic Base
- 1/2 lb shrimp large peeled deveined
- Heat oil in large high-sided skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, celery, jalapeño and chili powder for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, barbecue sauce and Roasted Garlic Base; bring to boil. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in shrimp; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are curled and cooked through.
- Serve with dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of cilantro. Serve the chili with toast, tortillas, rice or quinoa.
Use shrimp that have already been peeled, deveined and tail removed for easy preparation. Use your favorite barbecue sauce for this recipe: sweet, smoky or spicy all work well, depending on your preference. Alternatively, serve with shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
Calories: 348kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 706mg | Potassium: 832mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 363IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 181mg | Iron: 5mg