A simple Soda Bread Without Buttermilk recipe.
Soda Bread Without Buttermilk
Servings: 20 50 g servings
Love soda bread but have no buttermilk? This simple recipe for soda bread without buttermilk is the solution. Easy to make, and tastes absolutely delicious!Print Recipe
- 2 tbls white vinegar
- 2 c milk approximately
- 4 3/4 c all purpose flour add additional 15-20 g as needed for consistency
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Add the vinegar to 2 cup or larger measuring vessel. Add enough milk to equal a total 2 cups. Set aside while you prep the dry ingredients.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Whisk thoroughly. Make a well in the center and pour in the soured milk. Mix lightly with a fork until the dough comes together. Adding additional flour as needed
- Lightly flour a surface. Tip the dough onto the floured surface, then flour your hands. Gently knead the dough. Cut the dough in three equal pieces.
- Shape the pieces into round loaves, flattening slightly on top. Use a knife to cut a deep cross into the top of each loaf.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes. Let cool on a rack before serving.
- Can be frozen.
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 350mg | Potassium: 64mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg