This spicy shrimp with mango sauce is really, really good and an SCD delight to eat.
Spicy Mango Shrimp (SCD)
Sweet chunks of mango balance the heat from red chile flakes in this spicy mango shrimp recipe. Serve with hot steamed jasmine rice.Print Recipe
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 c onion chopped
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp red chile flakes optional
- 1/2 c basil leaves fresh chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2/3 c pineapple juice
- 1 c mango cubed fresh or frozen
- 12 oz shrimp peeled and deveined (30 to 35 per lb.)
- 1/4 c coconut toasted shredded unsweetened
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and sauté onion in oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, chile flakes, basil, sesame oil, lime juice and pineapple juice cook, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add mango and cook 3-5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook until they pink.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut and serve with riced cauliflower.