Tofu Fried Rice – a great combo which I’ve grown to enjoy for the high protein. It is very friendly to my IBD. Give it a try for a different treat. Can be a main meal or a side. If desired, spice it up a bit with Tamari (soy) sauce.
Tofu Fried Rice (seasoned)
- 1 block firm tofu pressed** and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 tbsp Tamari sauce GF Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil Or 2 extra tablespoons soy sau ce. See note.
- 1 tbsp potato starch or Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
Jasmine Rice - 2 servings
- Prepare rice according to the Jasmine Rice recipe by Chef Verde.
- Toss together tofu, soy sauce, vinegar, and oil in zip lock bag.
- Marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Add 'starch' and toss the marinated tofu.
- Pour into the basket of the air fryer.
- Cook on 375°F for 20 minutes, stir/shake after 10 minutes.
- When rice is ready, add oil to pan and warm on medium temperature for a few minutes. Then add rice and cook on medium low until it starts to brown.
- Add tofu, stir and fry for 5-10 minutes depending on your preference.