Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
You’ll love this five-star buttercream frosting recipe. It’s rich, sweet and foolproof. With 4 ingredients and 10 minutes of effort
Yield: 8 servings
- 3 c powdered sugar
- ⅓ c butter softened
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp milk 1-2
- In medium bowl, mix powdered sugar and butter with spoon or electric mixer on low speed.
- Stir in vanilla and 1 tablespoon of the milk.
- Gradually beat in just enough remaining milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable.
- If frosting is too thick, beat in more milk, a few drops at a time. If frosting becomes too thin, beat in a small amount of powdered sugar.
- Frosts 13x9-inch cake generously, or fills and frosts an 8- or 9-inch two-layer cake.
Allow your butter to soften at room temperature so it easily beats up smoothly with the powdered (sometimes called confectioner’s) sugar.
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 70mg | Potassium: 9mg | Sugar: 44g | Vitamin A: 242IU | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg