These are so versatile, I use them with many different meat dishes. Many variations possible, this is just the basics.
Verde Peppers (SCD)
Servings: 2 servings
These sauteed peppers are great addition to any meal. I really like them with the Verde Meatloaf.Print Recipe
- 2 bell pepper
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- .5 c onion sweet
- 1 c chicken broth or beef, but must be SCD Legal
- 1 tbsp basil dry or herb of your choice
- Add oil and garlic to medium saucepan, covered, and heat on medium high until cooking.
- Wash, core removing seeds and slice thinly in either direction. Add to saucepan. reduce heat to medium.
- Once the onions and peppers become translucent, add broth and basil.
- Cook over low heat until peppers are very soft.
Calories: 65kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 437mg | Potassium: 403mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3795IU | Vitamin C: 164.4mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 0.8mg