This is a first for me. Banana Cream Cake for the discerning taste bud.
Verde's Banana Cream Cake (SCD)
A banana cream cake is not for everyone. Just those who have old bananas.
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 c pecans raw
- 1 c unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 c medjool dates pitted, about 10 medjool dates
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- pinch cinnamon freshly grated
- pinch nutmeg freshly grated
- 3 bananas ripe
- 1-1/4 c raw cashews/cashew pieces
- 5 tbsp coconut oil melted or olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 tbsp honey raw
- ½ lemon juiced or 2 tbsp juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt omit if using salted butter
- 1-1/2 cups coconut cream chilled (I used 1 - 14oz. can of coconut cream)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- pinch sea salt
Alternate Whipped Topping
- Pulse crust ingredients together in food processor until evenly combined. Add more dates until crust comes together.
- Once ready, FIRMLY press crust mixture into a container of your choice. Set aside.
- Place all filling ingredients in high speed blender, blend until smooth, and pour filling over crust.
- Cover & freeze pie for at least 4-8 hours - preferably overnight.
- Remove from freezer and let thaw at room temp for 10 mins before slicing.
- Prepare whipped cream topping while thawing pie by whisking all topping ingredients together.
- Slice with a warm knife or ice cream scoop; serve with whipped cream.
- Cover & freeze any remaining pie.
Inspired by Merit and Fork
Calories: 459kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 153mg | Potassium: 482mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 151IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 2mg