These soda biscuits are in great demand in our household.
Verde's "Irish Soda" Biscuits (SCD)
Biscuits is a "Irish Soda" variation that we really like year 'round.
Yield: 12 servings
- 5 ½ c almond flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking soda heaping?
- 1 c raisins
- 8 eggs
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar with Mother
- Preheat the oven to 330 F
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, and raisins.
- In a small bowl combine eggs, honey, and apple cider vinegar.
- Add wet ingredients into dry and mix thoroughly.
- Place dough in a lightly greased baking cup. I use silicone cups.
- Bake at 330°F for 26 minutes, then turn off oven and leave bread in for 10 minutes
- Serve warm. Can be frozen.
How to Store Irish Soda Bread Wrap in a paper towel, seal in a plastic bag, and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Calories: 384kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 416mg | Potassium: 140mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 158IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 3mg