This bitter orange marmalade is really good!
Verde's Orange Marmalade (SCD)
Wow, really good! This is so delicious it won’t last long.
Yield: 192 servings (1 tbsp)
- 5 oranges navel seedless
- 2 lemons
- 6 c water
- 1 ¼ c honey raw
- ½ c Irish whiskey Jameson
- 2 pkg Knox Gelatin
- Wash the oranges and lemon. Slice them coarsely. If you like peel in the marmalade, slice one of the oranges very thinly and cut into ½-inch pieces and set aside.
- Place the remaining fruit in a food processor and process until the peel in is tiny pieces.
- Put the fruit in a medium saucepan, and add the slices set aside. Add honey and whisky and water. Bring to a full rolling boil stirring frequently. Keep at a full, rolling boil until mixture resembles a thick syrup, maybe 2 hours.
- Remove pan from heat, and allow to cool 30 minutes.
Slowly add gelatin stirring constantly to avoid clumping
- Then pour into a jar or storage container.
Any leftovers can be refrigerated for 3 days, or freeze them for several months. This is so delicious it won’t last long. You can also can this marmalade for longer-term storage if you have the time and equipment.
Calories: 10kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 8mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 2.4mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 0mg