Truly a really great strawberry jam or tart filling. Could even be used as a pie filling!
Verde's Strawberry Jam (SCD)
Best strawberry jam on the Dunes.
Yield: 128 1 tbsp servings
- 8 c strawberry quartered (2 lbs raw strawberries)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or juice of 2 fresh lemons
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 pkg gelatin
- 1 apple cored and peeled. Tart is best
- 1 c honey raw
- Put all the ingredients, EXCEPT the gelatin and honey, into a medium saucepan on top of the stove.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for until all ingredients are very soft, stirring frequently.
- Mash the mix until smooth.
- Take off the heat and sprinkle the gelatin onto the mixture and mix in so that lumps do not form.
- Let cool a bit. Add the honey and taste – add more honey if necessary
- Serve as a jam or use as a pie or tart filling.
Calories: 11kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 16mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 5.4mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 0.1mg