This zucchini coleslaw is refreshing and a good variety to serving coleslaw made with cabbage. Grandmother made it for us when I was a child.
This Zucchini coleslaw is a special recipe based on an early American recipe I recall my Grandmother making this for us.
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 zucchini medium
- ¼ cup onion finely chopped or Apple
- 1 cup carrot coarsely shredded
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise reduced-fat
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Stevia in the Raw
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Coarsely shred and squeeze dry. I use a spiralizer.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Some of these ingredients may not work for IBD diets. Recommend each one be tested before using them. For example, some apples don't like me too well so I use them sparingly.
Calories: 105kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 242mg | Potassium: 372mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 5540IU | Vitamin C: 20.1mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 0.5mg