A fantastic soup that will take you on an Asian excursion. This extremely easy recipe produces gastronomic delights you can only imagine. If you have ever had Phở this will bring back memories and probably replace them. It is IBD friendly and can be modified for beef if you are clever, which you must be if you are still reading this!!! LowFODMAP
Verde Phở Ga Gluten-free
- 8 oz Banh Pho Rice noodles
- 5 cups chicken broth gluten-free
- 1 cup spring onion finely sliced IBD warning use only green part
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 dash ground pepper - optional
- 1 cup cilantro leaves for garnish
- 1 cup basil leaves for garnish
- 2 ea jalapeno peppers optional not for IBD diet
- 1 ea lime cut into wedges
- 1/2 lbs chicken breast skinless boiled or air fried, shredded
- Slice the onions into little discs and reserve 1/2 for garnish.
- Soak the noodles in very warm water until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Bring broth to boiling in large pot and add half of the sliced onions and season to taste with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Once the noodles are softened, drain them, put into a strainer set in a large bowl and fill the bowl with boiling water.
- Let sit for 2-5 minutes, drain and divide the noodles among 2 large Phở bowls.
- Strain (for my IBD to remove onions, if they cause a problem) and add the hot broth to the bowls of noodles.
- Serve immediately with all the garnishments on the side.